Saturday, May 28, 2011

HW 59- SOF Prom

I decided to speak with two people that attended prom on Thursday, Julian and Diaz. I would have like to get in contact with more of the seniors, but typically not many of them came in to school the next day. When asked about how it went, Julian responded, "It was alright. It didn't really go the way I had it planned out in my head, considering how my date ended up getting sick pretty early in the night, leaving me to get her home. Everyone else seemed to be enjoying themselves though, so my experience probably was not as good because I didn't really have many close friends there...to you know, share the experience with." The next question I asked was how the after party went. "It was fun for a little, everyone was just getting really trashed and having a lot of fun, but then [name of date] ended up hooking up with some other guy which, was a little annoying, and it was even worse when she started getting sick. In general, it was not my idea of the perfect prom/after party experience, but f**k it cause it wasn't even my prom haha."

The next person I spoke to about their prom experience was Diaz. When asked about how his prom experience, he responded, "To be honest, it actually went a lot better than I expected. My date looked great, and she was probably the biggest jaw-dropper there, considering she usually dresses in much less feminine clothing. It was cool to see everyone in the grade together all in one place dressed up, I really got a feeling of community and looked back on all the times we had together, good or bad." The next question I asked was how the after party went. "It was f****n crazy! Everyone there was wildin' out, and from what I saw pretty much everyone was having a good time. It wasn't like a huge mess where everyone was hooking up with everyone else, but there were definitely people getting it in though."

If I were not so bad with computers, I would have posted some of the pictures from prom that were posted up on facebook. One of the most interesting things I heard was how [a girl who's name I don't have permission to use] ended up looking extremely feminine and nice, when usually she is dressed in the type of clothing that boys usually wear. This completely coincides with the idea that prom brings out the girl's desire to look as pretty and feminine as possible, and although I had not agreed with that at first, I am starting to have second thoughts. All this talk of prom is certainly getting me curious, so I will certainly be attending my prom.

No comments:

Post a Comment